Events at the Alte Oper? It's safe to say we are back!
The Alte Oper is pleased to welcome musicians* and audiences back to the venue, and has therefore drawn up a detailed hygiene concept.
AMONG OTHER THINGS, THE VENUE WILL ENSURE
high air-exchange rates and the use of powerful air filters in its ventilation systems (ePM 60%), as well as additional humidification of the indoor spaces
a fixed guidance system in the venue, seating that conforms to the applicable social-distancing rules, social-distancing markers throughout the premises
deep cleaning of all contact surfaces, ready availability of hand-sanitiser dispensers throughout the building
TO MAKE YOUR VISIT AS RELAXING AS POSSIBLE,
we have set up a new admissions system: we will open the Großer Saal (Great Hall) 45 minutes before the event begins, and the Mozart Saal (Mozart Hall) 30 minutes before the event begins. You can decide how early you wish to take your seat.
you can leave your coats, bags, etc. in the cloakroom, as before – or take them into the auditorium with you.
the programme booklets are conveniently laid out for you to pick up for free at the entrance and the Level 2 foyer.
you can take off your face covering for the duration of the event until the final applause.
WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU:
It is mandatory to wear a face covering within the Alter Oper Frankfurt.
When you purchase your tickets, we will record your contact details for any potential track-and-trace measures. On the actual day of the concert, our visitors are obligated to carry their passport/ID with them and to present it to the door staff when requested to do so.
If you show any symptoms of illness, please do not come to the venue.
Please observe the general hygiene rules (social distancing, regular hand-washing, etc.) and the signposts, as well as the instructions of our security staff and ushers.
Please only use the venue's lifts if you have impaired mobility; no more than 2 people (plus their companions where required) may share the lift.
If you have stayed (temporarily) in a risk area defined by the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) in the past 14 days, a visit to the Alte Oper is only possible if you have a current negative test for SARS-CoV-2 which was carried out less than 48 hours before or immediately after entering Germany (e.g. at the airport). You can find a list of risk countries here
WHAT CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE FOR THE NEW EVENTS ON THE ALTE OPER'S UPDATED PROGRAMME?
(Promoter: Alte Oper Frankfurt)
The resumption of concerts necessitates a few changes:
- The events have been adapted in terms of schedule, duration and maximum visitor numbers. Some events are completely new to the programme, while others have had to be cancelled. The music festival will not take place in its originally envisaged form.
- There is a distance of at least 1.5 metres between single and connected double seats (pairs of seats) that are released for sale. Please note that the seating plans available online for ticket purchase do not graphically represent the actual distances between the individual rows of seats. It goes without saying that the prescribed distance of 1.5 metres between the rows is evenly maintained in the actual seating arrangement in the concert hall.
- The events will take place without any intermission and last approx. 60 to 75 minutes. Some concerts will be offered twice in the same evening and with the same programme, some concerts will be held twice with differing programmes.
- No catering will be offered at this time. (The Restaurant Opéra and Rosso Suite continue to be open at their regular times).
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT TICKETS?
(Promoter: Alte Oper Frankfurt)
- The changes also affect the allocated seating and the ticket prices. This means that tickets purchased previously are no longer valid; tickets for adapted events must be purchased anew.
- To obtain a refund on previously purchased tickets for proprietary events of the Alte Oper Frankfurt, please use the following form.
Please understand that, owing to the current conditions, the processing of requests by telephone and e-mail can take longer than usual. Thank you!