Off into the concert autumn!
From November, full hall occupancy for events at the Alte Oper Frankfurt
Due to recent decisions by the state of Hesse, cultural institutions are once again permitted to hold events in their venues with full hall capacity. The Alte Oper very much welcomes this decision and will return to full hall occupancy for concerts on November 1. For visitors, should the state government not decide in the meantime to tighten access restrictions, the 3G rule will apply, according to which only vaccinated, recovered or tested persons will be allowed access to the Alte Oper.
In order to hold the events with full hall occupancy instead of "double checkerboard", a lead time is required for various organizational reasons; all events planned for September and October will therefore still take place under the current conditions in "checkerboard occupancy" and on the basis of the current hygiene concept (see our hygiene concept below).
Advance sales for the additional ticket contingents in the Alte Oper's own program will start on October 6. Likewise, additional tickets for our subscription series will be available from October 6, especially for the highly sought-after "Orchestra Premium" and "Sunday Evening" series.
The most important facts in brief
• In order to attend the concert, a negative corona test not older than 24 hours ("citizen test", available here, among other places), proof of complete vaccination protection (official vaccination certificate with stamp of second vaccination, at least 14 days old or digital certificate in the corona warning app) or a certificate of recovery from an infection that occurred no more than 6 months ago is required. This proof must be checked with your identity card at concert admission. Please note that in the interest of our visitors, admission to the house cannot be granted without appropriate proof. This also applies to the concerts with full hall occupancy from November.
• The provision of appropriate negative proof as well as the obligation to show identification applies to all visitors from the age of six. For pupils, the test booklet ("Testheft") is also accepted as negative proof even beyond a 24-hour period.
• Wearing a medical mask (FFP2 or surgical mask) is mandatory in the entire house. For events in September and October applies: You can remove it for the duration of the respective event.
For events starting in November with full hall occupancy, it is anticipated that the wearing of medical mouth/nose protection will also be mandatory during the event.
• As a generously designed house, the Alte Oper Frankfurt offers you enough space to keep your distance.
• For events taking place in September and October, the seats next to, in front of and behind you will remain free. From November, the halls will be occupied again in full sale.
• The seats next to, in front of and behind you remain free so that necessary safety distances are maintained.
• We are pleased to be able to offer you a gastronomic experience once again at Alte Oper; from today's perspective, this will also be the case from November 1 with full occupancy. Please make sure to wear your medical mask (FFP2 or surgical mask) until you take your food and drinks and put it back on afterwards. At the tables food and beverages may only be taken by persons from the same household. Please keep a minimum distance of 1.50 m from other households.
• From August 27, 2021 the "Covid Center" will be present in Alte Oper with a citizen test center. Opening hours: Monday to Sunday from 12 noon to 8 p.m. The required registrations for the free rapid antigen test are possible here or at www.covidzentrum.de.
• The Alte Oper is in close contact with the health authorities. Our concept is constantly being revised and adapted to the current regulations.