Come with us to the back! We cordially invite you to get to know the Alte Oper on a guided tour and learn interesting facts about its architecture and history. The volunteer guides from the ranks of our support group, the Society of Friends of the Alte Oper, will be happy to show you around the building and the complex processes that are necessary to ensure that everything runs smoothly when the stars of classical music and entertainment take to the podium. In the process, they also provide a glimpse into those rooms that otherwise remain hidden from the public. Where does a conductor focus in the last minutes before a concert? What does the workplace of a stage manager look like? Where are the concert grand pianos stored?
Duration of the guided tour: ca. 90 to 120 minutes
• During the tour, we recommend wearing a surgical mask.
• Tours are generally conducted in German. In the course of 2023, individual dates will also be offered in English.
• Due to the space available, we are unfortunately unable to offer accessible / barrier-free tours.
• Should it happen that a planned tour cannot take place due to changes in the Alte Oper's event programme at short notice, the ticket price will be refunded.
• The guided tour is not recommended for children under the age of ten.
• Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour at the stage entrance of the Alte Oper. Guests who arrive later will unfortunately not be able to attend and will not be entitled to a replacement.
• The cost for a public group tour is 8 euros per person. Please note that there are additional fees for online bookings.